Sunday 29 December 2013

Highlights of 2013 - Part 3 - Glorious Goodwood Indeed







Hurrah! Tickets had arrived for Goodwood - we were going to celebrate my lovely friend Sarah's birthday and it was time for a new dress. I opted for this number from ASOS (it has now become one of my trusty favourites in the wardrobe, and you lucky things, it's now in the sale here).


And it wasn't 100% accidental that my boyfriend and I were so well co-ordinated. Love the Panama!


This man and I were slightly less well co-ordinated, although thankfully he wasn't my boyfriend, he was just casually photobombing my photo.


We headed out to buy our lucky tickets and waited excitedly for the first race. I'm not really much of a gambler. After having the odds explained, and how best to make your selection, I opted to go for the 'I like the sound of that one' technique. I'm pretty sure this is what most people do, but just pretend to have some well thought out reasoning behind their choice. Surely?


After watching a few races from the ground, we headed upstairs to get a different view, and ended up setting up camp in the sun in Gordon's bar.







The day raced by (no pun intended, honest), and a few jugs of Pimms later, we went to place our final bets. Now, a fair few of my 'I like the sound of that one' selections had some relation to my furry feline friends. When 'Pal of the Cat' was listed as a runner in the final race, it was an easy choice. We took to our seats in the Grandstand to watch the horses come in.



And would you believe it that Pal of the Cat won? I placed a £5 bet, and won £140! As I said, I am not a gambler, so this was a first for me.

And so, with the races over, and the sun still shining, we headed down stairs to celebrate. 



And celebrate we did, dancing about in the afternoon sun to some great live music. Beginner's luck? Probably, but I think my love for the furry ones worked in my favour that day!


No comments:

Post a Comment